The Fly Fishing Tidbit Search Engine

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

AK Bound Baby!


Wheew....Its been a whirlwind the last few weeks. Arki has been as good as I can remember, and along with that comes alot of guiding. I am ecstatic about the great clients we have had this summer, and my guides (along with me, sometimes) have been putting on clinics (kicking butt!).

Today I get to throw on my Cross Current Travel hat, as I depart for 3 weeks of host trips in the Northland. Catching Slob (abnormally large) trout will be our mission in life. I will miss the double dry fishing on the Arki, however I will enjoy a change of pace and the shot at getting some true 30"+ native rainbows in the net for my clients! Dear Kvichak, Copper, American, Gibraltor, Funnel, Kulik, Talarik, and other sundry rivers: Get ready for a crew of true trout bums to descend upon you!

I've sorted and painted 3 large plano boxes full of custom beads, filled 3 giant Bugger Beast Cliff Boxes with tubes and other goodness, and waxed down my polypropylene tights........Get ready for Kick-off baby, AK here I come!

No comments: