The Fly Fishing Tidbit Search Engine

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Egg layers were hot last evening....with BWOs as well

Bill,



Quick update. Went to Spike Buck yesterday afternoon. Cloudy, drizzle, and 40 degrees. Started at east end of Spike Buck and worked my way up about a mile or so along the south shore. Threw an egg layer. Not many on the water but I found that throwing the fly up against rocks in the water and let the eddy carry them back around I got plenty of strikes. In fact one of my best days on the water. Must have had at least 25-30 hook ups and landed about 20 fish. Some good size ones in the 14-16 inch range and chunky. Many small ones too. It was a blast. I watched a few egg layers hit the water and watched the action. As they swirled in the eddy’s they got swallowed up so I did the same and same results. Great time. Only spent about 3 hours tops on the water too.



Thought you’d like to know.



John

No comments: