The Fly Fishing Tidbit Search Engine

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baetis Blowout



Blustery skies mixed with sleet and snow around noon yesterday proved to be the perfect formula. What seems to be the usual deep nymph rig was cut within seconds and switched to a magnificent floating fly I believe referred to as a dry fly (see its been so long since Ive tied one on, I forgot the name). More specifically a 22 Lowrider Baetis seemed to do the trick. A couple really nice browns to the net by clients I might add. To make a long story short, Blue Wing action is here on the lower Arkansas; and it makes me so happy, I think I may shed a tear!!! Current conditions are sunny, but if a cloud enters a 10 mile radius of the shop you better believe I'm hitting the water, and so should you! Get on the Water! Spring fishing is here!

P.S. Baetis rule my Universe!

T

No comments: